How To Make Eggs With Candied Bacon
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE EGGS WITH CANDIED BACON
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 – 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or as much as desired)
- 1⁄8 lb thick-cut bacon (about 3 strips)
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 8 large eggs, straight from the refrigerator
- cayenne pepper
- paprika, for garnish
Read more: How To Make Panko Fried Oysters For Two
DIRECTIONS TO MAKE EGGS WITH CANDIED BACON
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, a pinch of cayenne, and cinnamon. Place the bacon on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle each slice of bacon with some of the spiced sugar mixture and bake for about 10 minutes. Then, flip the bacon, sprinkle the remaining spiced sugar over it, and continue baking until crispy, approximately 10 more minutes. Once done, remove the bacon from the oven and allow it to cool. Once cooled, mince the bacon, reserving a quarter of it for garnishing the eggs.
In a medium saucepan, place the cold eggs at the bottom and cover them with cold water. Bring the water to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat, cover it with a lid, and let the eggs stand for 12 minutes. Drain the eggs and rinse them with cold water. Allow the eggs to cool slightly, and then peel them while they are still warm as they are easier to peel when warm. Once peeled, store the eggs, covered, in the refrigerator.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, scallions, and minced bacon. Season with salt.
Slice the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Gently remove the yolks by pressing your thumb against the back of the yolk to pop it out of the white. Add the yolks to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture and mash them together using a fork until smooth.
Transfer the filling into a resealable bag and cut off one end. Use this improvised piping bag to fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture. Before serving, garnish the deviled eggs with paprika, extra bacon bits, and dill.
Read more: How To Make Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
- Using a wire rack to cook bacon allows for better airflow, resulting in crispy and delicious bacon.
- If you don’t have a piping bag, a re-sealable plastic bag can serve as a convenient and disposable alternative.