How To Make Vegan Breakfast Sausage
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if desired)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
Add flax to water and stir to combine.
Then pulse the rice a few more times after adding the oats to the food processor.
Continue blending the remaining ingredients until they are just combined, including the 1 T canola oil and flax/water mixture.
Make ping pong ball-sized balls with dampened hands, then flatten them into 1/4″ thick patties.
Place the remaining 1 T of canola oil in a nonstick frying pan and heat over medium heat.
The patties should be browned on both sides when the oil is hot.
Before serving, blot any excess oil off with a paper towel.