How To Make Tomato And Basil Bruschetta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 8 slices Italian bread, cut about 1 inch thick
Combine garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil in a bowl.
The oil should be drizzled in slowly when the ingredients are combined.
Wait 20 minutes at room temperature before adding tomatoes.
While you’re toasting the bread, go back to the bat cave.
In the toaster or on the stovetop
Toasted bread should be rubbed with whole garlic pieces on one side.
Top the bread with tomato mixture and place it on a cookie sheet.
Broil until the cheese melts and sprinkle on a little cheese
You can also use the tomato mixture to make an antipasto salad vinaigrette.