Here’s something that all of us find vexing. You come across a list of Netflix shows or flicks, open the site, and the search returns…nothing.
Does this ring a bell?
Netflix’s content is restricted to specific countries due to broadcasting agreements with movie and television studios. This implies that the content available on Netflix varies depending on where you are in the world. Or, to be more precise, where Netflix believes you are.
Yes, there are ways to fool Netflix into believing you’re in another country. We’ll look at how to change your Netflix region and how to watch Netflix from another country in this article.
Spoiler alert: utilizing a VPN to change the Netflix region is the easiest way to do so. I’ll explain how it works further down, but you can jump right in. Change your Netflix country by following our simple step-by-step instructions. And in no time, you’ll be viewing your favorite shows!
What is the best way to modify the Netflix region or country?
- Login of a Netflix area, Become a Netflix subscriber: If you haven’t already done so, please do so.
- Download and set up a virtual private network (VPN): Select a VPN that allows you to unblock Netflix. We recommend NordVPN, which is currently 72% off!
- Connect your VPN to the appropriate server: Select the country where the Netflix content you want to see is available.
- To access your Netflix account, go to: https://www.netflix.com/login You should be able to access all of the content from the location to which your VPN is connected.
- Take a seat and enjoy some popcorn!
Read more: How To Change Wifi Password
Is it possible to use a free VPN with Netflix?
For a variety of reasons, a free VPN is not a viable solution for watching any form of online video content:
- Using freemium VPNs to watch Netflix will deplete your data allowance: Monthly data restrictions are frequently enforced by freemium VPNs. As we all know, watching video consumes a lot of bandwidth, so you’ll quickly exhaust your free VPN data allowance.
- A free VPN is unlikely to allow you to access region-restricted content: Netflix and other streaming services are improving their ability to detect and disable VPNs on their servers. So much so that many paid VPN providers have abandoned providing dependable Netflix access. As a result, it’s even less probable that a free VPN service will be able to escape being blacklisted.
- It’s unlikely to keep your online anonymity safe: Free VPNs can come at a cost to your online security. Many of them will recoup expenditures by tracking your internet activities and selling your data to third parties. Alternatively, your free VPN provider may inject advertisements and track cookies while you’re online.
While a free VPN for the job is technically conceivable, here are three commercial VPNs that will unblock Netflix without a hitch.