Look no further if you want to learn how to take screenshots with your Samsung phone or tablet. The physical buttons on your smartphone determine which buttons you may use to snap a screenshot. The tough part is pressing the two buttons at the same time, and bulky phone or tablet cases can occasionally get in the way. Remove your phone case to gain access to all of the buttons; once you’ve mastered the motion, you’ll be able to replace the case and screenshot like an expert!
For more information on screenshotting or understanding the basic operations of your Galaxy device, go to https://www.samsung.com/au/getstarted/basic/.
Taking a picture with a palm swipe Collapse with a click
Most Samsung devices allow you to take a screenshot simply by moving your hand across the screen from right to left. On newer devices, it’s known as Palm Motion or Palm Swipe to Capture.
Swipe across the screen with the edge of your right hand while holding the device with your left hand. While Palm Swipe to Capture is normally enabled by default, you may check in the Settings app to see if it’s enabled on your device:
- Go to Settings > Advanced Features on your account.
- Choose Motion & Gestures from the drop-down menu.
- Turn on Capture with Palm Swipe.
- When you’re ready to take a screenshot, swipe your hand across the screen using the edge of your hand.
Scroll Capture in Action Collapse with a click
Scroll Capture lets you take lengthier screenshots than usual, which is ideal for taking screenshots from a webpage. You must first enable the Smart Capture/ Screenshot toolbar before you can use Scroll capture.
- Take a screenshot of the website using Palm Swipe or the hard keys, then tap the scroll capture icon to begin to scroll capture.
- When you’re done, you’ll notice that your screenshot is longer than usual.
Bixby was used to taking the screenshot. Collapse with a click
- Activate Bixby by pressing the Side key or saying “Hi Bixby…” If your side key is set to power off your device, see our guide. For step-by-step instructions on modifying the Side key functionalities on your Samsung Phone, see Customize the Side Keys.
- Tell Bixby to take a screenshot of my phone.
- After you’ve taken a screenshot, you’ll be able to see it in your Gallery.