Do you have a password-protected PDF file that you no longer need? Unlocking your file with Adobe Acrobat DC on your PC is as simple as erasing the password.
If you no longer require the protection, quickly remove PDF password security from a PDF document you prepared. Simply enter the owner’s password, then choose to disable PDF security. You now have access to an unlocked PDF.
Your PDF can’t be opened by just anyone. Restrictions can only be removed by those who have been granted authorization. Only the policy author or a server administrator can update the PDF if it is protected by a server-based security policy.
To remove password security from a PDF, follow these steps:
- Acrobat Reader is required to view the PDF.
- Use the “Unlock” tool as follows:
Select “Tools” > “Protect” > “Encrypt” > “Remove Security” from the drop-down menu.
- Remove Security: The options differ depending on the type of document password security.
- If there is a Document Open password in the document, click “OK” to delete it.
- If the document has a password for permissions, type it in the “Enter Password” box and click “OK.” To finalize the action, click “OK” one more.