Be it any occasion, festival or none of them, it is always delightful to have some gajar ka halwa. In winters, gajar ka halwa is a must have dessert to beat the cold with its strikingly delicious taste. But have you ever wondered what makes it so delicious? Check it how.
Ingredients for Gajar Ka Halwa:
- 8 medium sized carrots
- 4 cups of full milk
- 5 tbsp of ghee
- Cardamom powder
- 12 tbsp of sugar
- Chopped almonds, pistachios and cashews
- A pinch of saffron
- Some raisins
Recipe for Gajar Ka Halwa:
1. Take the 8 carrots and wash them thoroughly. Peel the carrots properly and rinse them to remove all the dirt and impurities.
2. Using a grater, grate all the carrots to fine strands and put them all in a deep pan. It is advisable to use a non stick deep pan which could prevent the halwa to adhere the surface of the pan.
3. Pour 4 cups of milk into the pan and heat it on medium flames. Stir the mixture so as to prevent it from sticking at the bottom.
4. Add 12 tbsp of sugar into the mixture. Meanwhile, continue to heat the mixture until about 50 percent of the moisture has been evaporated.
5. Add 5 tbsp of ghee with constant stirring. Continue to stir this mixture until the halwa thickens as the moisture evaporates.
6. Take the chopped almonds, pistachios and cashews. Mix them well with each other and sprinkle them upon the halwa. You can also use roasted almonds, cashews and pistachios, which are easy to chop and can be used for the purpose of garnishing.
7. Stir the halwa for 2-3 more minutes and while stirring, sprinkle saffron and cardamom powder onto the halwa. This will provide a better colour and aroma to the dish.
Take a separate bowl and transfer the halwa into it. Your finger licking gajar ka halwa is now ready to be enjoyed. It tastes the best when served hot.