Breakfast that everyone loves: French toast. This Classic french toast is very easy to make, but you need to be mindful of a few things so that it turns out perfectly. For this recipe, you need white bread. You can also opt for brown bread, powdered sugar, eggs, milk, butter, oil, salt, and vanilla extract.
- First, add eggs to a dish. Take two eggs. Make sure it’s large so that you can easily dip a slice of bread into it.
- Next, you need to add milk that is at room temperature.
Note: All your ingredients especially, eggs and milk should be at room temperature.
- Now add salt and vanilla extract. If you don’t have it, you can use a pinch of cinnamon powder instead.
- Now, mix all the liquid ingredients together.
- Add powdered sugar as well. You may also use regular sugar instead.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Your liquid mixture is now ready.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium flame and add oil and butter to it. Adding oil prevents the butter from burning. You need to wait till the butter is hot and changing color.
Note: Make sure the utter is hot before adding the french toast, else it might stick to the pan.
- Once the butter has changed its color, which means it’s done.
- Now take a slice of bread and dip it in the liquid mixture just one per side. So people dip it multiple times, but that makes it very soggy.
- Now, let it cook for 2 ins. Don’t move it around.
Note: Don’t keep flipping the french toast, let it cook for 2 min on medium flame and then flip it, else it will break.
- As you can see, it’s toasted very well. It got a nice golden brown color. Similarly, cook the other side for 1-2 mins as well.
- You can see it’s perfectly done on both sides.
- Now remove it on a plate.
Now you can cook more according to your need and enjoy this french toast with your family and friends!.
- As you can see, it’s very easy to make classic french toast. Always cook the french toast on medium flame. Butter and oil should be hot before adding the french toast, else the bread will stick to the pan.
- Use 2-3 days old bread for this recipe, as it will absorb the liquid ingredients nicely compared to fresh bread.
- Do not dip the bread 3-4 times in the liquid mixture, as it will make it soggy. Dip it once and transfer it to the pan immediately.