Staying hooked on Gmail on a shared device could leave your account vulnerable to unauthorized access. Anyone with access to your Gmail account can reset passwords and cause other issues. Sign out of Gmail while you’re not using it to avoid these issues.
If you forget to sign out after using Gmail on another device, you can do it remotely. If a gadget is stolen or misplaced, you can prevent it from accessing your Gmail account.
How to Log Out of Gmail on a Desktop Computer
In two easy steps, you may log out of Gmail on a computer.
- Select your profile photo or initials in the upper-right corner of Gmail.
- Select Sign out at the bottom of the menu.
- Choose Sign out of all accounts to sign out of any other accounts you’re logged into.
How to Sign Out of Gmail on a Mobile Device
The processes for signing out of Gmail on the mobile website are slightly different.
- Tap the three horizontally stacked lines in the upper-left corner of the screen from Gmail.com.
- Tap your email address at the top of the screen.
- Tap Sign out of all accounts at the bottom of the screen.
How to Log Out of the Gmail App on Your Phone
To sign out of Gmail on a mobile device, you must first delete the account from your phone or tablet. Your Gmail account will not be deleted as of a result of this. It merely takes it off your phone till you log in again.
- Tap the image in the upper-right corner of the Gmail app.
- Select Accounts to manage your accounts.
- To temporarily deactivate an account, tap the switch next to the account you wish to turn off.
- To reactivate the account, return to this screen and hit the switch once more.