A family trip is always a great way to bond and explore the wonders at the world’s hole and this experience is only enhanced when your companions are also your kids. Just because you can’t afford a trip to Hawaii or Manhattan. That doesn’t mean a great family vacation is out of reach.
These are the most affordable family vacation destinations in the US. For this list, we’re looking at cities in the US that offer fun activities for both adults and children and are reasonably affordable.
- Gulfport Mississippi: The white beaches of Gulfport offer miles worth of sand, sun, and captivating waters that won’t cost you too much to experience. You could even walk away with more money in your wallet given the coast casinos that lie on the gulf coasts. Beaches aren’t the only water-based attractions you’ll find in Gulfport. There are a bunch of kid-friendly attractions like the waters slides at gulf islands waterpark, the interactive exhibits at the institute for marine mammal studies and sightseeing tours through companies like ship Island Excursion. You can make a massive splash at Gulfport for a relatively low price.
- Williamsburg Virginia: How would you like to take a trip back to colonial America without breaking the Bank balance. Williamsburg Virginia is a city that’s been virtually untouched by time making tourists feel as if they wandered into the 18th century. Along with Jamestown Yorktown Williamsburg is part of a historic triangle. Visitors can affordably append a day soaking up history at colonial Williamsburg where landmarks like the governor’s palace are found. In addition to this living history museum, the Busch Gardens theme park offers roller coasters and thrill rides galore for the whole package purchase the Williamsburg bounce ticket for a week of unlimited admission to all.
- Colorado Springs: Colorado you can’t put a price on the majestic sites that make Colorado springs the centrepiece of the centennial state the trip will be worth every hard-earned penny. Thanks to the natural attractions like the garden of the god’s rock formations. The Broadmoor Seven Falls and Pikes Peak stretches over 14,000 feet above sea level. Along with its various trails you can also feed giraffes at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and revisit the Wild West at the ghost town museum. If you want to get your family into the great outdoors while still having access to reasonably priced attractions this is the place for you.
- Daytona Beach Florida: Florida is certainly one of the most popular vacation destinations in the U.S. Although it’s not widely known for being the cheapest place to visit, there’s more to the sunshine state than Disney World and Universal Studios, though there are affordably priced hotels at Daytona Beach that won’t eat too much into your travel budget. Just avoid Spring Break that way you can check out the city’s 23 miles of beaches and the Daytona Beach boardwalk and pier. While the beaches are a given you’ll also want to seek out the Daytona International Speedway and Daytona Lagoon Water park as well. After all, you can never have too much family water activity fun.
- Raleigh North Carolina: Together with Durham and Chapel Hill Raleigh the state’s capital completes the Research Triangle Park. In addition to universities, Raleigh is packed with attractions designed to stimulate the mind from the North Carolina Museum of Art to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. Also for children, the marbles kid’s museum is where learning and playtime go hand in hand. You won’t want to spend your entire trip cooped up in museums though as the city is ripe with outdoor fun to be had. Poland Park and JC Rosen Arboretum and taking a stroll along any Raleigh street you’ll see why it’s been nicknamed this city of Oaks.
- Albuquerque New Mexico: When you’re traveling with your family vacations costs can skyrocket far beyond your ideal budget. In Albuquerque New Mexico however, there’s a week’s worth of boundless family fun to be had. Duke City is perhaps best known for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. The largest hot air balloon festival in the world. Tourists come every October to see approximately 500 balloons standing in the Albuquerque sky. Even if you can’t make it in October Albuquerque is loaded with museums, restaurants, and parks guaranteeing your stay won’t have a dull moment. The Petroglyph National Monument is one of the city’s must-see destinations featuring ancient Native American carvings immortalized in stone. Plus you can still book a balloon tour any time of the year.
- Branson Missouri: Branson is growing in popularity with traveler’s and with good reason but don’t worry Branson hasn’t lost its signature country charm. Branson is known as the live music show capital of the World. Although that’s a pretty contested title which is to be expected when Dolly Parton Stampede dinner show is one of the cities greatest draws that’s just one of the several attractions owned by Herschend family entertainment which rose to prominence through Branson’s historical silver collar cart theme park. With rollercoaster’s live shows and the landmark marvel cave, the silver Dollar city is a solid gold getaway sport.
- San Antonio Texas: There are numerous major kid friendly attractions in this Texas city. Including Six Flags, Seaworld, and the San Antonio Zoo. While not cheap, per group rates can offer savings for families. For history buffs there Alamo or San Antonio missions is a world heritage site that every American should visit at least once. The most cultured spot in this Texas city would have to be the San Antonio Riverwalk lined with eateries, shops, and museums. All of which are set off grand scenery we’d suggest trying to book an affordable room with an exquisite Riverwalk of you.
- Huntsville Alabama: A trip to the moon may be out of your price range but a week in Rocket city sure isn’t. If you’ve ever dreamed of attending space camp the US Space and Rocket Centre will speak to your inner Voyager with its vast collection of rockets, shuttles, and other Artifacts most notably the Saturn V instrument unit. Outside of its space attraction, Huntsville will have you in awe of its outdoor facilities like the Botanical Garden and Monte Santo State Park. Between February and October, a variety of festivals pass through Huntsville including very cool April’s panoply arts festivals.
- ST. Augustine Florida: ST. Augustine isn’t just the country’s oldest continental city but also the perfect vacation spot for any family with a modest budget. Having been founded in 1565, ST. Augustine has a plethora of history for tourists to discover. Especially at the Castillo de San Marcos, the oldest Masonry fort in the country. Castillo de San Marcos has been one of the city’s most popular attractions ever since the National Park Services to Control in 1933. Looking for something a little different for a wildlife adventure, tourists can Zip-line over the alligator farm Zoological park or observe the Peacocks at the private foundation of Youth Archaeological Park. This is the destination for the whole family.That’s equally entertaining and economical.