Although you can’t alter your username once you’ve opened a Spotify account, you can change your display name by connecting your account to Facebook. Aside from that, you can join up for Spotify through Facebook and inform the Spotify service that you want to transfer your content from an older account to a newer one.
To Get That Username, Join Facebook.
If you don’t already have one, all you have to do is.
- Sign up for Spotify on the Spotify website.
- Select Sign up with Facebook from the drop-down menu.
- Click Log In after entering your Facebook credentials.
Connect an existing Facebook account
If you already have a Spotify account, you can link it to Facebook to have your name and profile photo appear on your Spotify page.
- Go to Settings in the Spotify app.
- The “Facebook” component can be found by scrolling down.
- Log in with your credentials.
Making A New Account And Transferring Your Information
Because Spotify’s technology associates playlists with accounts, altering the username is more difficult. However, you may register a new account with a different username and then contact Spotify’s Customer Support team.
You’ll be asked a few simple questions, and if they confirm that you’re the owner of the previous account, they’ll transfer all of the data to your new one. However, you must close your current Spotify account first, and if you have a subscription, you must cancel it before canceling the account.
Your Display Name Can Be Changed
Your Spotify account’s username cannot be changed. You can instead modify your display name, which replaces your username on your profile and is also what your friends see when they visit your playlists or profile. Here’s how to go about it.
- Open Spotify and select the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Select your Display Name from the drop-down menu in Settings.
- This will reveal your profile, and you can modify your Display name by tapping Edit Profile.
- Modify and save your display name.
- You’ve successfully changed your display name. You can now go back to listening to music for a long period of time.
So that’s how you can update your Spotify username. If you get stuck at any point, let us know in the comments box below and we’ll do our best to assist you.