What You Should Know
● Select Start > type “change display language” into the search box > press Enter. Change the language of the display in Keyboards and Languages.
● Select Install/Uninstall Languages > Install Display Languages > Browse or Launch Windows Update after that.
● Select languages to download from the Optional tab. Return to the Windows Update page and select Install Updates from the drop-down menu.
Languages in Windows 7: How to Download and Install
To utilize languages other than the Windows default, you must first get them from Microsoft and install them.
1. To access the Start Menu, go to Start (Windows logo).
2. In the Windows search box, type change display language.
3. From the list of search results, choose Change display language.
4. In the Region and Language window, click the Keyboards and Languages tab.
5. Install/Uninstall Languages is the option to choose.
6. To download the language packs, select Install display languages. You’ll be asked to choose a location for the language packs. To find the files on your hard drive, go to Browse, or go to Windows Update to get them from Microsoft.
7. Select the X optional updates are available hyperlink if you’re obtaining the language packs via Windows Update (where X is the number of files you can download).
8. Select OK after checking the languages you want to download under the Optional option.
9. To begin downloading the language packs you selected from the list, go back to the Windows Update screen and select Install Updates.
10. Return to the Region and Language dialogue box after your language packs have finished downloading and installing, and select the language you want from the
drop-down menu under Choose a display language. To save the modification, select OK.