MoRTH has stated that 18 RTO services are now available online. These include applications for a driver’s license, an international driving permit, and more. Here’s how you can make use of it.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has announced that various services related to driver’s licenses and registration certificates are now available online. This implies that Indians will be able to access services such as license renewal, duplicate RC applications, and more without having to visit a Regional Transport Office (RTO). According to the Ministry of R&T, this will streamline the process and make services more convenient and contactless for Indians.
MoRTH now offers 18 contactless services that can be accessed with Aadhaar authentication voluntarily. The following are some of the services available:
- Learner’s Permit
- Renewal of a driver’s license that does not necessitate a driving test.
- I have a duplicate driver’s license.
- Change of address on driver’s license and registration certificate.
- Issuance of an International Driver’s License.
- Surrender of a vehicle’s class from a driver’s license.
- Temporary Registration of a Motor Vehicle Application
- Application for registration of a completely constructed vehicle.
- An application for the issuance of a duplicate Certificate of Registration has been submitted.
- Application for a No Objection Certificate (NOC) for a Certificate of Registration.
- Ownership of a motor vehicle is being transferred.
- Transfer of Ownership of a Motor Vehicle Application
- Notification of a change of address on the registration certificate.
- Application for registration with an Accredited Driver Training Center for driver training.
- Diplomatic Officer’s motor vehicle registration application.
- Application for the assignment of a new registration mark to a Diplomatic Officer’s vehicle.
- Approval of a hire-purchase deal.
- The hire-purchase agreement has come to an end.
The ministry has got the essential approvals from the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to use digital platforms, ensuring good governance, according to the announcement circular. It further stated that this will assist in lowering foot traffic in RTO offices, hence increasing the efficiency of the RTO offices.
What are your options for utilizing the service?
Note that everyone who wants to utilize these online services will have to provide their Aadhaar number.
Step 1: To access the services, go to the MoRTH’s official online portal.
Step 2: Select the state for which you want to use the services from the drop-down option.
Step 3: After selecting a state, a list of services that can be performed online in that state will appear.
Step 4: Below that, you’ll see a list of all of the 18 services described above that you can get without having to visit the RTO.
Step 5: Pick the service you’d like to use.
Step 6: You can now submit your request by following all of the procedures outlined on the portal.
Step 7: When you’ve finished all of the processes and filled out all of the required forms, click Submit.