The goal of this article is to guide Outreach users through the process of configuring Gmail’s two-step authentication.
When connecting a Gmail mailbox to Outreach, two-step authentication adds an additional degree of security to prevent unauthorized access to an individual’s email account.
- Gmail Two-Step Authentication is a Google-owned and operated service. Refer to the Google Protect your account with 2-Step Verification article for additional information.
- Refer to the Turn Off 2-Step Verification article for further information on how to disable 2-Step Authentication.
Read more: How To Verify Youtube Channel
How to Set Up Two-Step Authentication in Gmail:
- Use Google 2-Step Verification to log in.
- To begin, click the Get Started button.
- Click Get Started on the 2-Step Verification page.
- Log in to the relevant Gmail account.
- Toggle on two-step verification.
- 2-Step Verification is already active if the Turn Off button is present.
- In the Voice or Text Message option, enter the appropriate phone number.
Note: This phone number will be used to obtain a numeric code from Google, which will be used to approve access to Outreach and other third-party apps in the future.
- To send the code, click Send Code.
- Click Done after entering the verification code supplied by Google.
- If applicable, select the Trust this machine option.
- Click Next, then Confirm.
The 2-Step Verification has been set up.