If you’ve ever been cooking only to realize that your recipe calls for buttermilk and you do not have buttermilk already in your fridge. Do not fret. Today, we’re gonna talk about how to make very simple two ingredients homemade buttermilk using ingredients that you most likely have on hand.
- All you need to make homemade buttermilk is milk and then some kind of acid and this acid can either be plain white vinegar or lemon juice.
- Start by pouring one cup of milk into a liquid measuring cup. You can use whatever milk that you have on hand. Whether it’s skim milk or whole milk. Then for every one cup of milk that you’re using you’ll want to add one tablespoon of acid. Give the milk a quick stir and let it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- After the 10min you’ll have noticed that the milk has developed these kinds of chunky curds. That’s totally normal and exactly what you’re looking for.
- Just give the buttermilk a quick stir to kind of incorporate everything and you are ready to go.
- You can use this buttermilk right away or save it in the fridge for later.
- Add it to pancakes, baked goods, or your personal favorite use. It will help you to make fried chicken sandwiches.
- So next time you come across a recipe that calls for buttermilk and you don’t have any never fear.