How To Make Oven-fried Chicken Chimichangas
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 2/3 cup picante sauce or 2/3 cup your favorite salsa
- 2 green onions, chopped with some tops (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 6(8 inch) flour tortillas
- Chopped green onion, for serving
- Picante sauce, for serving
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
Onions, cumin, oregano, Picante sauce, and chicken are mixed.
Fill the center of each tortilla with a quarter cup of the chicken mixture.
Cover the filling with the opposite sides.
On a baking sheet, place the rolls seam-side down.
Margarine should be brushed on.
25 minutes at 400°F or until golden.
Serve salsa alongside the tacos and garnish with cheese and green onions.