The second wave of COVID-19 is already sweeping over the country at a faster and more deadly rate, prompting many people to seek vaccination. With the statewide COVID-19 immunization push, the country’s enormous population is proving to be a major obstacle.
In fact, some people are hesitant to get the vaccine because of rumors that they are dangerous. Nevertheless, millions of people have already received their first and second doses. The government has issued a COVID-19 vaccine certificate to them, indicating that they have been inoculated.
So, once you’ve completed the first and second COVID-19 vaccine jabs, you’ll need to download the immunization certificate.
Do you want to know how to get a copy of your immunization certificate? Here’s how to get your COVID-19 vaccine certificate via the Aarogya Setu app and the CoWIN portal.
How to Get a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate from the CoWIN Portal
- Cowin.gov.in is the official website of CoWIN.
- Select ‘Register/Sign In’ from the drop-down menu.
- Sign in with your registered cellphone number and the one-time password (OTP) sent to you through SMS.
- Following your first or second dose, the Certificate tab will appear beneath your name on the CoWIN platform.
- The COVID-19 vaccine certificate can be downloaded here.
How to get a COVID-19 vaccination certificate with the Aarogya Setu app
- On your phone, open the Aarogya Setu app.
- Click the CoWIN tab at the top of the home screen.
- Select Vaccination Certificate from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Get Certificate’ option after entering your 13-digit beneficiary reference ID.
- The COVID vaccine certificate can be downloaded.
Remember that having a COVID-19 vaccine certificate is essential because it is the only way to show that you have received the vaccine, therefore remember to download it once you have received your covid vaccine shot.