Do you know how to watch Netflix on a TV that isn’t a smart TV? If your old TV doesn’t support new entertainment, you’re out of luck. Netflix is now available for online streaming on smart TVs, smartphones, and tablets. However, not everyone has a smart TV in their living room, and older televisions are not automatically configured for Netflix viewing. Fortunately, there are various simple ways to watch Netflix on your non-smart TV or old TV, allowing you to enjoy your favorite movies, TV episodes, and special events from the comfort of your own home.
How to Install Netflix on a Non-Smart Television
In this post, you’ll learn how to use Amazon Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, a video gaming console, or even your laptop to add Netflix to an old or non-smart TV.
How to Use Roku to Watch Netflix on a Non-Smart TV
If you have a Roku device and don’t know how to watch Netflix on it. If you want to view Netflix movies and episodes on your non-smart TV, you’ll need to create a Ruku account. These are the procedures to take, and they differ from the instructions for the newer Roku and Ruku 1 devices.
Using Netflix on a Roku 1
- From the main menu, choose Home.
- Select Netflix from the menu.
- On the question, select Yes. Are you a Netflix subscriber?
- When the code appears, go to the Netflix website and enter it.
- Your Roku device will now be connected to your Netflix account.
New Roku Models Are On Their Way
- Open Home from the Home screen.
- Choose Netflix as your streaming service.
- On the Netflix home screen, click the Sign In link.
- Then go to Netflix and sign in.
- Finally, your Netflix account will be linked to your Roku.
Chromecast allows you to watch Netflix on a non-smart TV.
Chromecast users may view shows and movies on their non-smart televisions. They must first download and install before connecting to your Chromecast. Then, on your smartphone or mobile device, install the Google Home app.
How to Use the Google Home App to Set Up Chromecast
- To begin, connect the Chromecast.
- Then get the Google Home app and install it.
- Connect your Chromecast and mobile devices to the same Wi-Fi network now.
- After that, launch the Google Home app and add the Chromecast as a new device.
Create a Netflix account on your Chromecast.
Here’s how to get Netflix working on your Chromecast:
- To begin, go to your device’s Netflix app and sign in.
- Then please log in to your account.
- From the lower or upper right side of the screen, select the Cast symbol.
- To access the Netflix app on your TV, choose your Chromecast from the available devices list.
- Choose a movie or TV show, then press the Play button to begin watching.