When you become a pilot, you have the opportunity to fly not just in the sky, but also in your work and personal life. Commercial pilots in India earn some of the highest wages in the country. For a new pilot, domestic airlines in India pay up to 1.5 lacs. On foreign flights, a pilot’s income increases with years of experience. Pilots with experience flying foreign routes might earn up to 5 to 6 lac rupees per month.
Criteria for eligibility
If you want to be a pilot in the future, you must first select a Higher Secondary Course that includes disciplines such as physics, chemistry, and mathematics. To enroll in an Air flying school, you must have received a minimum of 50% in these subjects.
List of some top flying schools in India
- Flying Training Institute, Behala, Calcutta
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi, Uttar Pradesh
- State Civil Aviation, UP Govt Flying Training Center Kanpur and Varanasi
- Government Flying Club, Aerodrome, Lucknow
- Andra Pradesh Flying Club Hyderabad Airport, Hyderabad
- School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club Ltd, New Delhi
- Govt Flying Training School Jakkur Aerodrome, Bangalore
- Madhya Pradesh Flying Club
- Rajasthan State Flying School, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur
- Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Bhubaneswar
- Bihar Flying Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Patna, Bihar
- Karnal Aviation Club, Kunjpura Road, Karnal, Haryana
- Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati
In India, enrolling in a flying school
In order to enroll in a flying school in India, you must take the entrance exam. You must also meet the physical fitness requirements set forth by these schools. In reality, this is the most difficult aspect of the job. Admission to flying schools is limited to those who are physically fit. The cost of flying school courses is extremely exorbitant, ranging from Rs 20 lacs to Rs 25 lacs. Many banks offer loans of up to 50% to students who enroll in these schools.
Getting a pilot’s license
Candidates who complete the program are granted a license to pursue a career as a pilot. As trainees, airline corporations hire the most successful applicants who have been trained by these institutes. The salary will be low during the training period. Regular pilots are compensated well after completing their training. Even after becoming a commercial pilot, you must undergo a rigorous medical examination. Health issues may result in the pilot’s license being revoked. As a result, being a pilot can be both demanding and rewarding.
Becoming a member of the Indian Air Force
You must distinguish between a regular pilot and an Indian Air Force pilot. The NDA examinations are used to select INF pilots. These classes are provided at no cost. Pilots enlisted into the Indian Air Force are paid salaries that are comparable to those paid by the Indian government.