Pocket knife has been a much-needed tool for centuries. Some of the earliest archaeological evidence of pocket knives have been found in modern-day Austria, belonging to the Hallstatt culture that dates back to 600 – 500 B.C.E. Pre-Roman pocket knives have even been uncovered throughout modern-day Spain. Farmers used these pocket knives primarily to make their living from the land. Used as an everyday tool as opposed to self-defense, the pocket knife has remained unchanged for centuries.
How Pocket Knife can be your help?
- In this modern era, you get packages sent to your doorstep. You can use a pocket knife to slice them open with ease. Fun tip: To prevent residue from mucking up your blade, consider cutting the cardboard instead of the packing tape.
- If you don’t have a dedicated staple remover in your pocket, a pocket knife will quickly and easily pry open the end of a staple on an important document that you don’t want to mess up.
- You are out on hunting, some pocket knives come with very razor sharp edge. So you can use pocket knife as a hunting knife.
- When you go on CAMPING! Camping means unpredictable stipulations and you definitely need a pocket knife to help you in such moments.
- The only way to get rid of most types of zip ties is by cutting them. These inexpensive fasteners are mainly used with cables, and a knife will free whatever the zip ties are holding together.
- When you’re lost in the wilderness, fire is a necessary element. It’s really hard to make a fire without kindling and to make kindling without a knife.
- If you are on party but have no bottle opener? Just whip out your pocket knife. There is a dedicated bottle opener if you have a Swiss Army knife. If not, a blade can easily be used to pop the top off a beer bottle.
- If you don’t have a dedicated wire cutter, a pocket knife will work just as good in most situations.
- After you’ve caught your fish, it’s time to clean it up a bit. Gutting it with a pocket knife is quick and easy.
- Pruning helps to improve the health of plants. When you’re gardening in the yard, a pocket knife can also be used for pruning.
- Pocket knife is also a categorical member of FIRST-AID KIT! It helps you design the bandage.
- If you are out at home and can’t find a pencil sharpener, you can sharpen your pencil by a pocket knife easily.
- You can use a pocket knife for self-defense purpose. A street attack cannot be predicted and a pocket knife can turn out to be one and only help.
- You can also use a pocket knife to hone other knives. You can use it in a similar way as a honing steel.
- When you are a housewife, kitchen needs you every time and pocket knife can be of great help with box opening, package opening and a lot more.