Spring rolls are one of very famous chinese cuisine in India. Crunchy from outside and spicy vegetable filling from inside makes this cuisine what it is. One can find many chinese corners on Indian restaurants and spring rolls, manchurian, chow mein, chilli potato are the yummy snacks found there. Spring rolls are basically served with red chilli sauce and ketchup. So, here is the step to step recipe to veg spring roll.
Ingredients for Spring Roll (yields 25-30 spring rolls):-
- For the stuffing
- 7-8 thinly and finely chopped french beans
- 150 grams of finely chopped/ shredded cabbage
- 80 grams of shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup of spring onion whites
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoon of oil
- ⅓ cup of finely sliced green bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons of chopped spring onion greens
- 1 cup of boiled noodles
- 3 tablespoons of bean sprouts(as per wish)
- Oil for deep frying
- 25-30 wrappers of spring roll
- 6 tablespoons of maida or cornstarch
- Water as per requirement
Method of The Spring Roll:-
- Take 75 grams of noodles and boil them. Once they are properly cooked, wash them with water.
Strain the noodles and then, start doing vegetables.
- Shred the carrots and cabbage, chop the ball pepper in thin strips, slice french beans thinly. You can add vegetables of your wish too.
- Take a kadai and heat the oil in it. Simmer the oil and add spring onions white. Saute and add above mentioned vegetables.
- Raise the flame and saute the vegetables for 4-5 minutes. Add black pepper powder and celery(optional).
Then, add soy sauce and mix the things yup well.
- Add noodles and salt as per taste.
- The filling must not have any water as filling is meant to be dry.
- Turn off the flame and add spring onion greens and mix the ingredients well and let it cool down.
- Now, take a bowl and add 4-5 tablespoons of water with 6 tablespoons of maida or cornstarch. Make a smooth paste out of it.
- Take the spring roll wrappers and apply the paste at the edges of wrapper and 1 tablespoon of vegetable stuffing in between of wrap.
- Now, roll the wrap tightly till the end but softly too.
- Keeping the sealing part downwards, spread the paste on sides of roll.
- Seal the edges gently and spread paste on closed edges to seal them properly.
- Use light force to wrap the rolls and don’t let them break. If there is any breakage, cover it with paste.
- Apply the same procedure to the rest of rolls too.
- For deep frying of rolls, heat the oil in a pan and it must be hot enough to fry them.
- You can try on first roll to check the temperature of oil. When the rolls will be golden brown, flip it to other side and fry till hey become crisp and they must not be soggy.
- Depending on kadai size, you can fry as many rolls as you want in one shot.
- Remove them from kadai and drain on tissue to remove excess oil.
- Once all the rolls are fried, garnish them with spring onion greens and can even sprinkle dry mango powder for taste enhancement and serve with red chilli sauce and tomato ketchup and enjoy.