This Italian cuisine has been ruling Indian stomachs and hearts for the past many years. Many fast food chains are solely involved in spreading happiness by baking pizzas like- Domino’s and Pizza Hut. pizza delivery has become a common affair in India these days. The yeasted bread with a topping of melted cheese and vegetables can make anyone happy. But handmade food items are somehow special and making pizza at home is not that big deal. Get the ingredients and follow the recipe.
The following are the ingredients required for Pizza (4 small pizzas):-
BASE for Pizza-
- Wheat flour 3 cups
- Dry active yeast 2 teaspoons
- Cornmeal for spreading the flour, wheat flour can be used too.
- Sugar ¼ teaspoon
- Olive oil 2 teaspoons and some extra for brushing
- Salt as per requirement
- Finely chopped 4-5 tomatoes
- Salt as per taste
- Finely chopped 2-3 garlic cloves
- Dried basil 2 teaspoon
- Fresh or dry oregano 1 teaspoon
- Crushed black pepper ½ teaspoon
- Oil 2 teaspoons
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 sliced capcicum
- Mozarella or pizza cheese, grated
- 8-9 black and green olives
- Herbs, fresh or dried as per requirement.
Method for Pizza
- Add sugar and yeast to water and stir the mixture well. Leave the mixture for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- And now, add one cup of flour, oil, salt and then, the yeast mixture.
- While stirring the mixture, add another cup of flour till the mixture becomes sticky.
- And the, add the last cup of flour to make dough.
- Add some oil to the dough to smoothen it. Leave the dough for at least 1.5 hours to let the dough double up.
- Parboil and chop the tomatoes respectively.
- Fry the garlic in oil and add tomatoes.
- Add herbs, salt and pepper to the mixture and mix them well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Now, it’s time to get the pizza ready.
- Roll the dough on flour and flatten the dough like a disk.
- Put the dough on a floured and greasy pan.
- Brush some oil to base to avoid the sticking.
- Spread the tomato basil sauce over base and then do the topping with olives and grate some cheese over that.
- Bake the pizza at a temperature of 550 degrees C in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Get the pizza on a serving plate and top it up with chilli flakes and oregano and serve with tomato ketchup and coke.