Kaju curry is a creamy curry which is sweet made with cashews. This cuisine can be best served with naan, chapati and tandoori roti and with rice too. So, let’s move to the recipe of kaju curry:-
Ingredients for Kaju Curry
- 1 cup of cashews or kaju
- 1 tablespoon of butter or oil
- For gravy
- 3 large chopped tomatoes
- 18-20 cashews
- Sat as per taste
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of crushed kasuri methi or pinch of methi powder
- 1-2 sliced green chilies
- 2-3 tablespoons of cream containing 25-35% fat
- 1 indian bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste, 3-4 garlic cloves and ½ inches ginger
- ½ teaspoon of garam masala
- ½ teaspoon of kashmiri or degi red chilli powder
- ¼-½ teaspoon sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
Method for The Kaju Curry:-
Saute of cashews:
- Take a pan and heat the butter/oil and heat on a low flame.
- Add the cashews and saute them till they become golden. Keep them aside in a plate till the time gravy is prepared.
- In the same pan, add bay leaf and saute for 10-15 seconds.
- Then, add the tomatoes and ½ cup of water and simmer the mixture till tomatoes become soft.
- Side by side, grind the cashews and make a fine powder out of them.
- When the tomatoes are soften, turn the flame out and let them cool for some time.
- Now, discard the bay leaf and grind the tomatoes to make a puree.
- Now, in the same pan, add 2 tablespoons of butter and add ginger garlic paste and saute till the aroma fades out.
- Then add the powdered cashews and stir well. Cook the mixture till the colour of cashews changes to light golden and a nice aroma comes out.
- Now, add tomato puree and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chilli powder and mix the ingredients well.
- And, add ⅔-¾ cups of water and stir the mixture well.
- Now, add the slit green chilies and cook the gravy for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sauteed cashews and add salt as per taste and simmer for couple of minutes.
- At the end, add garam masala, crushed kasuri methi or methi powder and cream.
- Stir the mixture till the cream mixes with gravy and turn off the flame.
- Now, transfer in the serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati or rice.
….. is a writer who loves to live and record everything while doing it! An admirer of nature, photography, travel and technology, he is a wizard with words who loves to scribble about everything that is thrown his way.