Hot chocolate is love for many people having sweet tooth. Also known as hot cocoa, this beverage is consumed all over the world with multiple variations. Every country in the world has some or the other creative variation of hot chocolate. For example- in Europe, hot chocolate is thick because of cornstarch while in Germany, it is melted chocolate only. But each of them sounds yummy because of presence of cocoa and that’s why it is a great energy booster too. It is very easy to make hot chocolate and one can have it anytime one wants. So, below you can find the recipe of hot chocolate.
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-6 ounces chopped milk chocolate
- Whipped cream or marshmallows for topping
Method of Preparation:-
- Take a pan and add cocoa powder, cream, sugar, salt, milk and heat the mixture till the powder and sugar are completely dissolved. Remember that you should not boil the mixture, just heat it.
- Now, add the chopped chocolates and whisk and let the chocolate mix well.
- Turn the flame out and add vanilla essence.
- Take it out of pan and serve hot with topping of whipped cream, cheese or marshmallows.