Veg roll is India’s very famous street food and moreover it is healthy too. The veggies covered by a wrap make this indian cuisine yummy and a good snack.below is step to step recipe to this indian snack. Follow the recipe for a healthy evening this time.
Ingredients for Veg Roll (yields 10 rolls):-
- ¼ cup of finely chopped french beans
- ½ cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- ½ cup of potato cubes
- ⅓ cup of frozen or fresh green peas
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste, 3-4 cloves of garlic and ½ inch ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of jeera
- ⅓ cup of chopped onions
- ½ cup of chopped tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon of red chilli powder
- ¼ cup of grated cheese cubes(as per choice)
- Salt as per taste
- ¼ cup of chopped coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon of garam masala
- ½ teaspoon of dhania powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ajwain
- ⅓ cup of chopped capcicum
- For making the wraps
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- Salt as per taste
- ghee/oil for roasting of wraps
- Topping of roll
- ⅓ cup of finely sliced onions
- Grated cheese(optional)
- ½ teaspoon of chat masala
- A pinch of red chilli powder
- Lemon juice as per taste
Veg Roll Method
- In a bowl, chop french beans, carrots, cauliflower and potatoes. Rinse the vegetables including peas and one can even add vegetables of own choice.
- Take a pressure cooker, add 1.5 cups of water and cook the veggies for 2-3 whistles on a medium flame. Keep them aside once they are properly cooked.
- Now, take a pan and add jeera and ajwain. When they start to sputter, add onions and saute till they become translucent.
- Then, add ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw aroma fades out.
- Add chopped tomatoes and simmer the mixture till the tomatoes soften.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dhania powder and garam masala. Mix them well.
- Add capcicum and saute for 3-4 minutes. Then, add the cooked vegetables and salt. Mix all the ingredients well and saute on a low flame for 5 minutes and the stuffing must be dry.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and at the end, add grated cheese cubes and saute the mixture well.
- Turn out the fame and keep the stuffing aside till the wraps are ready.
Making of Veg Roll
- Make a smooth dough of the flour and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix lemon juice, sliced onions, red chilli powder and chaat masala and then refrigerate the mixture.
- After 30 minutes, make small or medium sized balls out of dough. Flatten the balls using flour and roti must be thin.
- On a hot tawa, cook the rotis. When the roti is bubbled up from below, raise the flame to high to make papad and flip the side of wrap.
- Butter up the cooked side and flip again when other side is half cooked. Apply butter to this side too.
- When roti becomes golden and is roasted, keep the wrap in chapati box and do the same to other wraps too.
- Now, take one roti out, place the veggies stuffing prepared earlier in center and place marinated onions that were refrigerated before and sprinkle some chaat masala on top. Now, roll both the sides of roti and wrap them properly so as the stuffing might not fall.
- Repeating the procedure with other wraps too, serve the veg rolls with tomato ketchup.