Winter is a great time to have this sour and tasty dish in your dinner. This starter just tastes good with bread croutons. So, refer to the recipe below for this yummy dish.
Ingredients for Tomato Soup
- 4 tomatoes, medium or large sized
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2-3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tej patta
- Salt as per taste
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of powdered kali mirch
- 1-2 bread slices, brown or white
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1-2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
Method for Tomato Soup
- Wash the tomatoes properly and in a saucepan, dip the tomatoes in water(5-6 cups) so that tomatoes get immersed completely.
- Add some salt and boil the water keeping the tomatoes out.
- Now, add the tomatoes and let the tomatoes get immersed in water for 20-30 minutes with closed lid.
- Now, get the tomatoes out and let them cool down.
- Now, peel the tomatoes and chop them and blend afterwards. Make a smooth puree and keep in mind that the juice of tomatoes must not be wasted.
- For making the soup, make a paste of corn flour and 2 tablespoon water.
- In a pan, add the butter and tej patta and saute.
- Add chopped garlic cloves and saute till they become brown.
- Add the onions and saute till they become translucent.
- After this, add the puree and add water, salt and kali mirch powder.
- Give a gentle boil to the soup.
- Add that corn flour paste to the soup.
- Add sugar and 1 tablespoon cream and stir well.
- Simmer the mixture for a while and then transfer to the serving bowl.
- For the croutons, in a pan, heat some oil.
- Roast the bread slices till they become brown and slice them in cubes.
- Now, all the parts of this recipe are ready.
- Serve the soup and add the croutons and use cream as a topping and use coriander leaves for garnishing and enjoy the chilling winters.
….. is a writer who loves to live and record everything while doing it! An admirer of nature, photography, travel and technology, he is a wizard with words who loves to scribble about everything that is thrown his way.