Tea is the second most consumed drink after water in the world. Even for some people, tea is some sort of addiction due to the chemical composition and taste. Tea was originally invented in China and was used as a medicine but now, India is one of the largest producers of tea. According to some people, tea is the solution to every problem in life. Tea contains 3% of caffeine which is far less than coffee. So, let’s learn how to make tea in Indian style.
Ingredients for Tea (yields 2 cups):-
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 spoons of sugar or as per taste
- Cardamom powder or any other taste enhancing ingredient like- ginger, tulsi leaves, mint leaves, lavang etc.
- 2-3 tablespoon of tea as per taste
Method for Tea
- Take a saucepan and add 1 cup of water and 1.5 tablespoons of tea.
- Once the water starts boiling, add ginger, mint leaves or any other Indian spices for making tea more tasty.
- Then, add milk and sugar as per taste and pinch of cardamom powder for flavour.
- Now, when tea starts boiling, it is ready for serving.
- Transfer it to cup and serve hot.
Tea is one of those food items which everyone consumes according their choice and taste. Some like more sugar while some love to have strong tea. Some prefer less milk while some prefer more milk, so, it totally depends. In India, tea has always been a way to start interactions. Women of India usually organise tea parties for meeting their friends and enjoy. Men of India usually meet at tea stalls in free time. For Indians, tea is not just a beverage but an emotion.