Naan is a very popular bread of north india and stuffing the naan with potatoes is a tasty twist. So, try this dish out and see the smiles on their faces after having this.
So, The ingredients for Stuffed Naan (2 servings or 6 naan)
- For yummy potato filling
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 2 teaspoons chopped hara dhania
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon jeera
- Salt as per taste
- ½ teaspoon amchoor
For the dough:-
- 2 cups plain flour or maida
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Pinch of baking soda
- Lukewarm water ¾ cup
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons curd
You will also need flour for making naan, few tablespoons of oil for roasting and butter/ghee for buttering the naan.
Method for Stuffed Naan
- For dough, mix the yeast in 2 tablespoon warm water and leave the mixture for 10 minutes until it becomes bubbly.
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar and baking soda. Now, add oil and curd to the mixture.
- Add the yeast water to flour and enough water to make firm dough.
- Leave the dough for sometime to make it softer as yeast takes time to act.
- Now, try kneading the soft dough and leave for 3-4 hours covering it in a damp cloth. The dough will double up in volume.
- For the filling, boil the potatoes and peel them after they cool down.
- Now, mash the potatoes and add garam masala, salt, amchur powder, jeers, hara dhania, chopped chillies to it and mix well.
- Now, for making the naan, preheat the oven to 500 degrees with baking stone for 30 minutes till the time stone gets hot.
- This stone will act like a clay tandoor for making naan.
- Now, take the dough out and divide the doughs and potatoes in six equal parts.
- Now, using the roller, make a circle of dough of 3 inches diameter. Now, place the potato ball in the middle and wrap the dough around it and flatten the naan by rolling them. Repeat this procedure for other balls too.
- Now, apply some oil on the naan with the help of your palms to avoid them sticking to the stone.
- Place the naan on the stone and let them cook for 2-3 minutes. When it becomes golden brown on surface, take them out and butter them up with ghee or butter.
- Before placing other naan in oven, leave the oven on for 2-3 minutes to heat up again.
- Now, serve them hot with chole, any paneer dish etc. and enjoy a good family time.