Indian food has always been known for the taste and it’s colours. Paneer is one those food items which is always served on the special occasions in different forms. There are numerous varieties of paneer dishes in India, some are gravy based, some are not, some are served in wraps and what not. Shahi Paneer is a very famous dish made of cottage cheese served with roti, naan, rice or pulao.
Shahi paneer is one of the sweetest dishes made with paneer unlike Paneer Butter masala and others having tangy taste. The rich taste of tomato onion gravy, cream and cashew nuts makes this dish a royal one. So, for a royal lunch or dinner at home, try this recipe out. The estimate cooking period is half an hour.
Ingredients for Shahi Paneer (servings:3-4):-
- Paneer in cubes(400 grams)
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 5 finely chopped tomatoes
- Salt according to the taste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 20 cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon kasoori methi
- ½ cup cream and some for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Shahi Paneer Steps to follow:-
- Once to heat the oil in pan, add chopped onions and cashew nuts and saute the mixture lightly. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes get pulpy.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and saute.
- Once the mixture is prepared, cool it down and make a paste by adding some water.
- The, add butter and cover the pan with lid and cook for 10 minutes on low fame.
- Now, add cream, paneer, garam masala, kasoori methi powder, green cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer the dish to serving bowl and garnish with cream and serve hot.