Paneer Tikka is a very famous starter dish in Indian Culture. This Indian cuisine is known for the mouth watering taste, cottage cheese marinated with spices and then grilled in tandoor or shallow fried in a pan. With the passage of time, many variations of paneer tikka have been invented. Like- nowadays, paneer tikka is also served with gravy being called paneer tikka masala and when served in a wrap, called paneer tikka roll. This Indian starter is nowadays served internationally too. Many fast food brands have included paneer tikka in their menus in variable forms. Domino’s, Subway, McDonald’s and Pizza Hut are always found doing creativity with this dish.Following is the recipe for Paneer Tikka.
So, the ingredients for Paneer Tikka (servings:3-4):-
- For Paneer Tikka-
- 250-300 grams of cottage cheese or paneer
- 1 green or yellow or red bell pepper, medium to large
- 1 tomato, medium to large
- 1 onion, medium to large
- For Marination
- 2-3 tablespoons of oil.
- teaspoon of lemon juice
- 250 grams of thick curd or dahi
- 1 teaspoon of amchur powder
- 1 teaspoon of jeera powder
- ½ teaspoon of crushed kasuri methi
- ½ teaspoon of ajwain
- ½ teaspoon of shahjeera
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoon of besan
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon chat masala
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- ¾ teaspoon of salt or as per taste
- ¾ tablespoon of ginger garlic paste, ¾ inches of ginger and 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of dhaniya powder
Method for The Paneer Tikka:-
- Firstly, chop the cottage cheese or paneer in cubes or rectangle of about ¼ inches each.
- The, wash the vegetables and chop the bell pepper in square shaped pieces, cut the onion in half and separate all the layers, dice the tomato in square shaped slices and remove the seeds too. Now, keep all of them aside.
- Whisk the thick curd or yogurt in a bowl until it is smooth.
- Add all the spices, besan, salt and herbs. Mix all of them well.
- Then, add the cheese cubes along with the veggies and mix them with your hands so that each paneer cube is is evenly covered with the marinade.
- Keep the mixture for about 3 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Take a no-stick tawa and heat the oil. Place the marinated cheese cubes and vegetables and tawa and when one side of vegetables gets brown, flip the sides and flip the paneer when the side gets golden.
- Paneer will be cooked faster than the vegetables.
- When they are properly cooked, skewer the fried cubes and vegetables onto a toothpick.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and lemon juice. Transfer to serving plate and serve hot with chutney and pickled vinegar onions.