Palak Paneer is a north indian cuisine usually served with stuffed naan, butter roti etc. This dish is an amazing combination of spinach and fresh cheese cubes. The green chillies are the basic ingredient here as they spice it up making a perfect punjabi dish. Here is the recipe of palak paneer for four servings:-
Ingredients for Palak Paneer-
- Palak puree
- 200-250 grams of fresh spinach
- 1-2 green chilies
- ½ inches ginger
- 1-2 chopped garlic cloves
Palak paneer curry –
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 chopped medium tomato
- Red chilli powder and salt as per taste
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1-2 tablespoon amul cream
- A pinch of hing.
- 1 teaspoon of kasuri methi leaves
- 7-9 oz cottage cheese
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon jeera
- 1 tej patta
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4-5 garlic cloves
Garnishing for Palak Paneer
- 2-3 tablespoons of cream for topping
- 1-2 stripped ginger
- Lemon slices.
Method for Palak Paneer
- Wash the spinach leaves and cut the stringy stems and don’t cut the tender stems.
- Boil 3 cups water in pan and add ¼ teaspoon salt to it and add palak to it and cover with the lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain the boiled spinach and keep the palak in a bowl of cold water(with 8-10 ice cubes) to prevent the declouring of the leaves to 2 minutes.
- Get the leaves out of water and add spinach, chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies to a blender and make a palak puree.
- Now, to make the palak paneer curry, heat the ghee and add jeera to them and let them burst a little.
Now, add the tej patta and onions and saute them till they become golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and saute them till they get soften.
- Now, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and heeng.
- Now, after mixing everything properly, add the puree and and ⅓-½ cup water to mix everything well.
Add salt to the gravy and cook on a light flame for 6-7 minutes.
- Let the gravy thicken and add cheese cubes and let the paneer soften for 1-2 minutes.
- Now, add cream and stir well.
- Now, use the cream as topping and add some lemon juice and stripped ginger and serve well.