Pizza is a word which can fill anyone’s mouth with saliva. Imagining pizza crust filled with lots of cheese feels so good. Cheesy pizza is a very yummy Italian cuisine and the extra cheese will make your heart beat even faster. This dish can drive anyone crazy, like Americans celebrating Pizza Month every year. In India, even Domino’s is ruling Indian hearts for the past many years. But, it is not that difficult to make cheese pizza at home too. Just follow the below guidelines and your pizza is ready.
- Wheat flour 3 cups
- Dry active yeast 2 teaspoons
- Cornmeal for spreading the flour, wheat flour can be used too.
- Sugar ¼ teaspoon
- Olive oil 2 teaspoons and some extra for brushing
- Salt as per requirement
- Finely chopped 4-5 tomatoes
- Salt as per taste
- Finely chopped 2-3 garlic cloves
- Dried basil 2 teaspoon
- Fresh or dry oregano 1 teaspoon
- Crushed black pepper ½ teaspoon
- Oil 2 teaspoons
CHEESE SPREADING THE PIZZA:
- 6 ounces of grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1.5 ounces of fresh cream Parmesan cheese
- Add sugar and yeast to water and stir the mixture well. Leave the mixture for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- And now, add one cup of flour, oil, salt and then, the yeast mixture.
- While stirring the mixture, add another cup of flour till the mixture becomes sticky.
- And then, add the last cup of flour to make a dough.
- Add some oil to the dough to smoothen it. Leave the dough for at least 1.5 hours to let the dough double up.
- Parboil and chop the tomatoes respectively.
- Fry the garlic in oil and add tomatoes.
- Add herbs, salt, and pepper to the mixture and mix them well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Now, it’s time to get the pizza ready.
- Roll the dough on flour and flatten the dough like a disk.
- Put the dough on a floured and greasy pan.
- Brush some oil to base to avoid the sticking.
- Spread the tomato basil sauce over the base and top the sauce with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese leaving ¼ inches of the border.
- Bake the pizza at a temperature of 200 degrees C in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes till the crust gets golden brown and cheese melts.
- Get the pizza on a serving plate and use chili flakes and oregano as a taste enhancer. Serve hot with any soft drink and tomato ketchup.