So you love your new pair of jean but do you have that gravity defying glute to rock your outfit? It’s no news that a firm butt can actually give your clothing a better form and appearance. The whole world is going crazy after those booty blasting squats for a good reason after all! Like all the others, have you also been planning to go to the gym lately?
What if we tell you that you don’t need gym to get that perfect butt? What you need is to put on your gym gear and shoes and get in form! If you think just squats are going to give you that perfect booty then we would like to break your bubble. Your glutes are made up of many muscles. To give it that desirable shape, you need to do more than just squat!
Your butt is made up of three muscles: gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and gluteus minimus. We have brought you a lineup of many exercises that work up all your booty muscles and bring them into the form you desire. What’s better? You can do all these at home!
Donkey kicks target your gluteus maximus which is the largest muscle and gluteus medius by making your glutes do the work.
- Assume the position by going on all your fours. Your palms should be pushing the ground while your arms should be straight under your shoulders. Knees should be hip-width apart. Make sure that your back is straight and not sagging.
- Keeping your knees bent, lift your left leg towards the ceiling.
- Ensure that your glutes are worked up in the movement. Use your glute muscles to push your leg towards the ceiling.
- Return to the starting position. Complete 20 reps of the same.
- Repeat the same with the other leg.
Squats are, without a doubt, the best lower-body exercise that thoroughly tones the body from waist down. However, the same standard squat may become boring. Give your squats a push with this sumo variation.
- Take a firm standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart. Keep your toes pointed at 45 degree angles.
- Bend your knees and hips into a sitting position. Lower down until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Bring your hands together as you squat like a sumo.
- Make sure that your back is straight and your core is tight. Do not let your feet lift above the ground.
- Slowly return to the standing position.
- Complete 20 reps.
Another variation of the standard squat, deep squats are great to build your glutes by getting low. Not just booty enhancing but this is also a great exercise for those trying to lose weight.
The process remains the same as the squat mentioned above, however, this time you lower down deeper.
- Bend your knees and hips to the lowest point without touching the ground. You should feel the pressure on your glutes while squatting down and getting up.
- Mix in Sumo Squats and do 10 reps of each.
A great add on to your workout routine, bridges are good not only for your butt but also for strengthening your core. Since a group of core muscles get benefits from bridge workout, this exercise is a useful tool for building overall body strength.
- Lie on your back with hands to your sides.
- Bend your knees keeping your feet flat on the floor.
- Tightening your buttocks and abdomen, raise your pelvis towards the ceiling.
- Hold the position for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Return to the starting position.
- Complete 10 reps.
Side Lying Leg Lifts
With target on the outer thighs, this exercise also puts pressure on your hip joint. Form is very important in side lying leg lifts as some end up exerting their back instead of the hip joint.
- Lie straight on your side.
- Place your supporting arm under your head and free arm on your side hip.
- Lift your top leg towards the ceiling. Hold the position for 10 seconds and slowly bring the leg down.
- Complete 10 reps for each leg.
Super Plank with Leg Lifts
Planks are a great way to enhance your core and arm strength, with leg lifts it further tightens your glutes muscles and spine as well.
- Assume the push up position. Now place your forearms on the ground at shoulder-wide distance so that your body is parallel to the floor.
- Your feet should support your body weight. Make sure that your legs are straight.
- Keeping your core tight, lift one leg towards the ceiling.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and bring it back down.
- Complete 10 reps of each leg.
Do these exercises for a month and you will see notable change in your hips.
Tip: Use a mat to avoid bone ache later. Also, pay attention to your clothing. Buy good quality gym gear and shoes as these are extremely important while you workout.